WORKERS OF LAWLESSNESS.
"Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?' And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matt 7:22,23).
Much has been written in The Opened "Little Scroll" to expose members of the sect falsely calling themselves Jehovah's Witnesses who are the apostate "man of lawlessness" of 2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 that have spiritually "died twice". (Jude V.4, 11&12). But there are other workers of lawlessness to whom The Christ Michael will also say: "I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness." (Matt 7:23).
With reference to work, it is written: "If anyone does not want to work, neither let him eat". (2 Thess 3:10). What we must consider, is whether this includes any kind of work, and if not, what works supposedly carried out in Christ's name will be rejected. For on the one hand, many refuse productive work and yet are well rewarded, while others work productively but are paid a pittance, and have insufficient food and necessities for their wellbeing! When the Lord said, "Man must not live by bread alone", he meant that mankind also needs spiritual "food". (Luke 4:4). What is required are works that not only contribute to our physical wellbeing, but are also with everlasting spirit life in view.
It is therefore wise to ask ourselves: 'Does the work that I do offend the Lifegiver Almighty God by injuring and/or corrupting others? To establish this, we need to know what works offend God. A helpful guide is the scripture: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person." (1 Cor 10:24). We must also bear in mind that The Christ Michael rejects those who may appear to fulfil this spiritual requirement, but are actually working at lawlessness. (See Isaiah 11:2-4).
SOME EXAMPLES OF LAWLESSNESS.
(2) Despite widespread economic deprivation, millions of government bureaucrats not only languish at desks as an excuse for not doing any productive work, they also spend huge sums of tax-payer's money to purchase and supply arms and military hardware to kill their fellow man. There are even sham Christians working at steel mills knowing that a considerable quantity of this steel is used for military purposes!
(3) Members of the armed forces throughout the world are specifically trained for war, and to guard Godless members of the governments of the world. Receiving orders from their political leaders and military commanders, they regard their government-issued uniforms as a licence to kill. They convince themselves that they are the patriotic defenders of their country. But defending it from what? From the armed forces of other countries deploying men similarly trained for war. But who are the real instigators of such deadly works? Demons: "Wicked spirit forces" inspiring Godless men to defend the evil systems of the "world rulers of this darkness". (Eph 6:12. Rev 19:11-21).
(4) Every day, thousands of men knowingly risk their lives to extract and refine crude oil. Their contempt for their lives is an offence before God. As to the social inequality that oil has created throughout the world, it swells the coffers of the greedy few over the deprived masses. There are no legitimate grounds for risking life and limb in the perilous pursuit of oil.
(5) The frequency and severity of fatal air crashes over many years is sufficient evidence of the extreme risk and disregard for human life involved in this form of travel. Even greater is the risk of space travel, made evident by the explosion of the space shuttle 'Challenger' that cost the lives of its crew.
(6) Thousands of miners throughout the world work underground in conditions not fit for humans and at great personal risk to their lives. It cannot be called beneficial in any respect, but is proof of the satanic power that employers have in "driving others to work". (Isaiah 14:4). If more trees were planted for fuel and timber than are cut down, our energy needs could be fulfilled. But the greed of mankind directs otherwise.
THE DESTINY OF LAWBREAKERS.
But have you ever considered whether you support the Godless political systems of this world? Many people support them by working for their agencies, or by voting for a particular political party. But those who do so are subjecting themselves to the political will of the "wild beast" of world governments and this Godless system of self-destructive lawlessness. (Rev 13:15-17).
In addition to all these, are the
members of sectarian false religions and charities that celebrate the unGodly
festivals of Christmas and Easter. Some sham Christians are known to have
denounced these festivals, while at the same time promoting them by delivering
their Christmas mail
Another typical example of lawlessness was revealed when a young new employee refused to sell pork at the counter of a large supermarket. Though he was ridiculed by members of staff, they were judged because they were warring against the law of God that prohibits the consumption of the flesh of the pig. (B) (See Isaiah 66:17 NEB and Leviticus 11:1 8 NEB).
Because of such lawless activities, it is very difficult for true Christians to find secular work that does not offend God. We must avoid all activities that promote the lawlessness of this Godless system, and concentrate on doing the Will of God. We are never to be anxious and say, "'What are we to eat?' or, 'What are we to drink?' or, 'What are to put on?' For all these are the things the nations are eagerly pursuing. For your Heavenly Father knows you need all these things. Keep on, then, seeking first the Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these other things will be added to you." (Matt 6:31-33).
LAWLESS 'SPIRITUAL' WORKS.